I've come to realize that there's a major gap in our understanding about what makes the law of attraction, manifestation and motivational techniques actually work. Which means our attempts at creating positive personal change often fall short of ideal results.
If you're frustrated with repeating the same old theme of patterns, like:
• Circumstances beyond my control
• Not enough: time, energy, money, skills (resources)
• Distrusting, skeptical of new ideas and people
• Overly critical of myself, feel unworthy of having my ideal life
• Uncertain, confused, don’t know how to get there
• Avoid what’s important with non-essential distractions
• Atract dramatic people and situtations
this this could be why...
I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE goes through life challenges. I don't know one person who escapes childhood without an interesting tale or dramatic origin story.
Our most painful experiences, called "core wounds, leave their mark on every level of our being....and gives rise to our "over protective parts" that build up a heart wall, defense mechanisms and invent distorted stories to ensure we don't get hurt again.
But really all this does is make it hard to trust in love, self, others, or life.
When left unhealed, these distortions significantly affect our physical, mental, emotional health and happiness.